DES KELLY INTERIORS is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. We wish to be transparent on how we process your data and show you that we are accountable with the GDPR in relation to not only processing your data but ensuring you understand your rights as a client.
It is the intention of this privacy statement to explain to you the information practices of DES KELLY INTERIORS in relation to the information we collect about you.
For the purposes of the GDPR the data controller is:
- DES KELLY INTERIORS
- Contact details of DES KELLY INTERIORS is:
- Des Kelly Interiors
- FAO the Data Controller
- Unit 5 Slaney Road, Dublin Industrial Estate
- Galsnevin, Dublin 11
- When we refer to ‘we’ it is DES KELLY INTERIORS
Please read this Statement carefully as this sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Who are we?
Des Kelly Interiors was established in 1976. We are a family run business providing home furnishings, beds and flooring solutions. We are a customer focused company and we strive to give the best customer experience possible. In the word of our founder “buy by the mile and sell by the yard” ensuring customer receives the best possible price, always.
Our Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner and data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
- Stephen Canning
- 01 565 4110
Purpose for processing your data
- Des Kelly Interiors will process the information and personal details you have provided to fulfill the contract you have entered. Any Data collected will be used for the purposes of the contract only. If you have chosen not to receive Sales Notices, Special Offers and Discount Codes then once the contract has been fulfilled no further contact will be made. The information given by you will not be shared with any 3rd party for Marketing or Profiling purposes. Information regarding the contract is held electronically in line with current Tax Legislation. This information is encrypted and retained on a secure server. We have minimized risks of data breaches. Further details are available by contacting the data controller at: Des Kelly Interiors the Data Controller, Unit 5 Slaney Road, Dublin Industrial Estate, Galsnevin, Dublin 11.
- Only information pertinent to fulling the contract (and complying with tax legislation) will be processed. Name, Address, email and phone number will be held on the encrypted server as per current tax law. At no time will des Kelly Interiors retain any Credit or Debit details, Bank details or electronic transfer details used in the purchase of goods or services.
- This is to make sure the individual knows exactly what is going to happen to their information and how it is going to be used. You shouldn't be doing anything with personal data unless the individual is made aware.
Why are we processing your data? Our legal basis
In order for us to provide you your order DES KELLY INTERIORS need to collect personal data for delivery and contact purposes.
Our reason (lawful reason) for processing you data under the GDPR is:
- Contractual DES KELLY INTERIORS needs to process your data as this is necessary to fulfill the contract. It is implied by the contract that you as the purchaser from this web site, or because you as the purchaser have asked for works to be completed by Des Kelly Interiors through the web site, are entering into a contract with Des Kelly Interiors. Consent for contact, by text, phone & email, must be in place for the duration of the contract between DKI and the purchaser. This is implied by the contract. Emails and texts pertinent to the contract will be sent to ensure you as the purchaser are informed at all times. If you have chosen to receive mails beyond the contract for Sales Notices, Special Offer and Discount Codes, then occasional emails will be sent. Des Kelly Interiors do not share any personal information with 3rd parties for marketing and profiling purposes.
In any event, DES KELLY INTERIORS are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
How will DES KELLY INTERIORS use the personal data it collects about me?
DES KELLY INTERIORS will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
Who are sharing your data with?
At no time does Des Kelly Interiors share any details with 3rd Parties for marketing or profiling. Des Kelly Interiors will share information given with employees, or employed agents, for the purposes of fulfilling the contract only. Furthermore Des Kelly Interiors will not share any details outside the EU.
Flo Web design host the website for Des Kelly Interiors but information collected is not shared with Flo Web Design.
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to DES KELLY INTERIORS in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide on your behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with DES KELLY INTERIORS procedures.
If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your explicit consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
The third parties that we pass your personal data to are:
- Des Kelly Interiors do not pass any details on to any 3rd Party from any information gathered on-line. The Flo Web Design Web Site is for information purposes only.
We have issued all our third party processors with a Data Processor checklist asking them GDPR specific questions and trained all employed agents in procedures pertinent to their position.
We do not intend to transfer any personal data outside the EU, but if ever the instance arises, the data controller will ensure the recipient (processor or another controller) has provided the appropriate safeguards and on condition that enforceable data subject rights and effective legal remedies, for you, the data subject are available.
Data subject rights:
DES KELLY INTERIORS facilitate you, our clients, rights in line with our data protection policy and the subject access request procedure. This is available on request.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access: you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification: you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten: in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing: where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability: you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object: you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling: you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that DES KELLY INTERIORS refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved as we have indicated in the processing of your personal data.
Additional information we are providing you with to ensure we are transparent and fair with our processing
Retention of your personal data
Data will not be held for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which they were obtained. DES KELLY INTERIORS will process personal data in accordance with our retention schedule. This retention schedule has been governed by our internal governance.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by DES KELLY INTERIORS or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and DES KELLY INTERIORS data protection representatives Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner
Failure to provide further information
If we are collecting your data for a contract (e.g. the purchase of goods or servies) and you cannot provide this data the consequences of this could mean the contract cannot be completed or details are incorrect.
Your privacy is important to us. If you have any queries, questions or comments regarding this Statement, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
Des Kelly Interiors
FAO the Data Controller
Unit 5 Slaney Road
Dublin Industrial Estate